Maryland Life Coaching And Hypnosis

Maryland Life Coaching And Hypnosis


Tips For Weight Loss


 

There are a lot of big name weight loss companies out there. And it is not for me to say which is good and which is bad. The truth is if you work these programs, you probably will lose weight. But the real problem with dieting is that once you diet, you will have to stay on that diet unless you have learned to make appropriate changes to help stay at a healthy weight. I personally am not a big fan of prepackaged food. But if you have lost weight that way or are currently losing weight that way than stay with it. Using the information in this article in conjunction with a specific diet can and will help.


 Please remember that this are tips to help lose weight and keep it off. Some will work for you and some won't. Try a few or all and see what feels good to you and what brings results. Do not attempt to do them all at once. We want to take small steps. 


 

Now for the tips:


 

Protein- the cornerstone to losing weight. High protein will help you lose weight. I would recommend adding protein to your diet to jump start weight loss. There is more than enough data {*see below} that will support the claims of high protein diets. I bring protein up because it is a great start but should not be the basis of your whole weight loss program.


*Participants in a study recently published in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition reported greater satisfaction, less hunger, and weight loss when fat was reduced to 20% of the total calories in their diets, protein was increased to 30%, and carbs accounted for 50%. The study participants ate 441 fewer calories a day when they followed this high-protein diet and regulated their own calorie intake.*


Do not drink your calories. When you stop and think about all that we drink during the course of the day, most people will drink in excess of 500-1500 calories a day. Wow! That is way too much. Between the sodas, fruit juices, coffees, specialty drinks and alcohol, we have got to cut back. I am not suggesting that you cut all of those out of your diet, but I am suggesting that you cut way back. In fact I would say try and keep your liquid calories to under 350 a day.


Mind your stress at all cost. Stress is big factor in weight gain. How you may ask? Well some people do tend to gain weight when stressed. When you're stressed out, many find it more difficult to maintain healthy eating habits. They may eat in an attempt to fulfill emotional needs during a stressful time. Also the hormone cortisol is secreted by your body during stress. This will actually cause you to gain weight. The science is pretty clear on this. Prolonged stress will lead to weight gain.


*If you have high levels of stress and need help, please consult with a doctor or therapist.


Alternative therapies for weight loss? You bet. Acupuncture, hypnosis and massage all have a pretty good track record when it comes to losing weight. I will not go into how each one of these facilitates weight loss, but I truly would recommend them. If you would like to look into a alternative therapist, I would recommend that they have a license or be certified. Do not be afraid to ask about the process and their experience in helping their clients lose weight.


Take a pill. A vitamin pill that is. A study by the USDA confirms that women who take a multi vitamin everyday are slimmer. In fact they have 15 percent more energy as well. Are all vitamins created equal? Depends on how you ask. The point is to get yourself thinking healthy. {A store vitamin should be adequate.} 


You'll probably hate this but get away from the caffeine. Caffeine can lead to higher stress levels and we already discussed stress. If you can't go decaf try the lite brands of coffee.


There is no quick fix when it comes to weight loss. Responsible eating and movement are truly the way. If you do that, weight gain should not be an issue.